The UVM Podcast, hosted by Stephen Cieslewicz and Nick Ferguson, has the goal to spread innovative ideas and knowledge in Utility Vegetation Management. The show aims to facilitate knowledge sharing within the industry and to raise awareness of the value of the profession with the wider public. LiveEO is the sponsor of its first two seasons.
Essential Energy is one of Australia’s largest networks delivering electricity to a staggering 95% of New South Wales, Australia’s most populous state, including some 865,000 homes and businesses.
- How Heath got started in Utility Vegetation Management
- Advice for young professionals entering the industry
- Strategic decisions taken to manage risk through moving funds from pruning activities into removing fall-in risk trees in high bushfire risk areas
- NSW State regulations and legislation, and how this impacts the VM program
- Moving from a planned cyclical maintenance regime into a predictive maintenance regime as Essential Energy’s digital asset management capability develops
- Impacts on the 2019/ 2020 Black Summer fires on the utility, the wider community, and individuals
- The relationship between Total Fire Ban days and network-initiated fires
- Approaching the fire season – planning and mitigation, response during the event, and continuous improvement