The UVM podcast shares innovative ideas and insights in Utility Vegetation Management. We facilitate knowledge sharing within the industry, and raise public awareness around what we do.
Hosted by Stephen Cieslewicz and Nick Ferguson.
Sponsored by LiveEO, turning satellite data into actionable insights here on Earth.
In this episode we interview Matt Palmer, Vegetation Specialist – Standards, at Ergon Energy Network and Energex, part of the Energy Queensland group.
Ergon Energy Network and Energex are distribution service providers that together deliver approximately 35,000 GWh of electricity right across Queensland to around 2.3 million customers. The network consists of more than 178,000 km of overhead powerlines and 29,000 km of underground power cables.
During this discussion we cover several topics including:
- System configuration
- The unique geographical challenges posed by Queensland
- The tyranny of distance when working with such a remote distribution system
- Regulation for utilities in Queensland
- Vegetation work zones, cycle times and optimum intervention time
- The impact of El Nino and La Nina climatic patterns
- Bushfires in the Queensland context
- Safe working practices
Learn more about LiveEO’s Satellite-Based Vegetation Management Solution!